Friday 14 May 2010

Lack of Motivation!

I have been sitting at my desk/bed/sofa (I moved around thinking it might help) all day attempting to write a 2000 word essay, which at this present time consists of 253 words. It's not going so well.

I just can't seem to find the motivation. I partly think this is due to dissertation. I feel like it has sucked the life out of me!! I worked on it for 7 months, and worked non-stop on it for the last 3 weeks before hand in. I lived and breathed it 24hrs a day. I was even dreaming about it!! I now have very little energy and can't seem to focus on a new topic, my brain is literally fried! It could also have something to do with the depressing and quite horrifying topic that I have to write about. Its an essay for my module "Violence Against Women" and the question asks me to examine rape and the way it is dealt with by the authorities. It's very hard to get through the readings, it's just so shocking and some of the issues gives me that funny feeling in the pit of my stomach that you get when your nervous. Every time I finish reading something, I have to take a break and breathe, before embarking on the next reading.

I just find it so frustrating. I'm so close to the end now and just want to finish. All that stands in my way is 2 essays, 4500 words and that's it. Why can't I find the motivation to do it? If you have any suggestions of how I can motivate myself I would be ever so grateful!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment