Friday 18 December 2009

Limited Activity = Limited Positivity

So I woke up this morning and outside my front door there was 3 inches of snow. I had plans to go to the library; I needed to do some photocopying and research. I also had plans to go to the post office; I had a very late birthday present to post. I needed to go to the supermarket; I have guests coming over tomorrow and needed to get essentials such as milk and nibbles. However, all of these plans were put on hold because of the snow. My university is 40 minutes away by bus but the buses weren't running properly and I live on a very steep hill so walking to the bus stop would not be very easy. The other two problems are also effected by the lack of transport and ability to walk down the hill. Instead of doing the things that were on my last I've been stuck in doors all day.

Although I have done nothing I was supposed to do today, in my new positive outlook on life here are a few things I've done today which I will be positive about doing as I wouldn't have been able to do without the snow.
  1. I wrote a complete essay plan for the coursework I have to do over Christmas. I am feeling a little better about completing this essay now as I have a very structured essay plan to follow.
  2. I packed my suitcase. I started yesterday evening but was able to finish it today so I am already to go home on Sunday morning.
  3. I cleaned my house. With extra time on my hands I went round my whole house and cleaned it from top to bottom. Which is a lucky thing really as I have guests tomorrow.
  4. Re-watched Gossip Girl. I am a massive fan of Gossip Girl. It is another American teen television program that I am obsessed with. I love the fashion and scandalous lives that the kids in the show live. I'm also slightly in love with the character of Chuck Bass played by Ed Westwick. With lots of spare time on my hands, I sat down and watched the whole first series again. It reminded me how much I love it. I'm so looking forward to the rest of the third series.
  5. Sorted out my new computer. I purchased a new computer last weekend and today I finally had time to transfer all my work from my old one. My old computer had a problem with the fan and I was worried about it completing dying on me and loosing everything. However, now that is something I don't have to worry about. It's all on my new computer and on my USB stick.
Although its all pretty boring things if I hadn't been made housebound by the snow I would never have done it. So I may have not done what I was supposed to do, but I have done things I needed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment